Saturday, September 5, 2015

4 Days In Bacolod, Philippines And Married life


THIS TRIP TO BACOLOD is our third as husband and wife, but just about now I realise what’s the difference between being married and not.

DSC_0219
DSC_0195 DSC_0237 DSC_0259 DSC_0278 DSC_0287 DSC_0292 DSC_0296DSC_0392  DSC_0299 DSC_0320 DSC_0341DSC_0329 DSC_0382DSC_0377  DSC_0416


"The status of your spouse has a significant impact on your quality of life.” - Simple Dollar




It seems like the whirlwind of an engagement, wedding, honeymoon and everything else in between blurs what being married is like. My partner is the same; we just signed a few papers.

Nope.

Our recent travel to Bacolod made me realise how much my life has changed. My revelation happened while sitting in the backseat, looking at sugar fields outside.

I’m in the car of my husband's friend. 
I have no golf bag. 
We traveled to food trip.

I was a competitive golfer all my life, traveling to new places without friends but always with a serious mission. My present is now the opposite of my past!

Being tied to someone comes with its own set of problems, but Jovi and I have been dodging grief so far by open communication and compromise. One of the things that I feel so grateful for being married to him is that he is good in math and a natural saver. Matched with my frugality, we have some left to enjoy. 

Here’s our 4-day itinerary in Bacolod:

Day 1: 

Check-in at L’Fisher Chalet (loved the place, will highly recommend)
Balay Negrense at Silay City (19th century house preserved to depict life of sugar barons, the Gastons)
Chicken inasal dinner
Calea for dessert

Day 2: 

The Capitol Park and Lagoon
Negros Museum (Absolutely must, you’ll learn about sugar and prominent families of Negros Occidental)
Chicken inasal for dinner (when in Bacolod…)
Felicia’s for dessert

Day 3:

40-minute drive to Mambukal Resort 
Hike to The 7 Waterfalls
Japanese Onsen (natural hot spring water straight from Mount Kanlaon)
21’s for merienda (Their batchoy is to die for)
Saigon Cafe for lunch 
Delicioso for dinner with friends (excellent fondue)

Day 4:

The Ruins (for spectacular photos)
Buy souvenirs and pasalubong at Pendy’s
Lunch at hole-in-the-wall chicken place 
Napoleones at Roli’s

*We had a car, so we also passed by two golf courses, Marapara and Binitin. Our generous Ilonggo friends treated us meals and tipped us great places to eat.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Diary Of A Reader Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger